Friday 11 November 2011

Uni Cake Disaster

My daughter is in her first semester at Uni and so we're still getting used to her living away. Although I have to say her room (and the rest of the house) has stayed MUCH tidier since she's been away we still do miss her. It's quite strange to think of offspring living their daily life elsewhere with other people and in their own space... bizarre really. She amazed me the other day by saying that a couple of them share a laundry wash and pop in some colour saver so that they can save money and just do one load. WHAT? Is this really my daughter or an alien speaking about saving money?

The funniest thing is the random texts I receive out of the blue. Things like LOL! In Primark buying jeggings for Tom. Strange... and more ... nom nom I'm eating chicken bacon and new potatoes - need new shoes! And yesterday... Victoria sponge disaster!! What was the problem I wondered? Cracked cake - too hot an oven? Sunken middle - too much liquid or opened oven when cooking? No it turned out she'd cooked the cake perfectly and iced it beautifully and left it on the worktop.... above a radiator.....yes one gloopy mess later and one sheepish daughter...bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment