Monday 14 November 2011

Fine Cuisine - Fine China Crockery

Me and the other half went to eat at friends over the weekend - such a treat to have someone cook for me. We had a lovely chicken dish in a rich red sauce with mash and vegetables. Delicious! I made a strawberry no bake cheesecake to take and duly served it in a flower decorated flan dish that I had in the cupboard. And do you know it made me think that it didn't look anything special as regards presentation. It was really yummy and better than shop bought but it made me ponder on how a serving dish or bowl or even crockery can make or break a dish served to table.

I really love serving food on my catering quality white plates - I think I see it much as an artist views a blank canvas. The white of the crockery will be a great backdrop for most foods, complementing and making a crisp presentation. My white ware is used everyday and is robust but stylish for everyday dining. But sometimes if you're creating something a little bit special you need to have a finer 'canvas'. One of our featured products online is the Churchill Alchemy range of dinner service items. They are just divine and create a real sense of occasion with their sophisticated elegance. Now to think of some fine dining menus to serve on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment