Monday 28 November 2011

Christmas Crafts

Oooh I'm so excited I've just got a couple of lovely books from the library with ideas for Christmas crafts for home. I can't wait to have a go at some of the things - they all look wonderful. The one book is based on a Scandinavian Christmas theme but there are some ideas that aren't too white paint and wooden benches!

I've always been into simple stuff at Christmas and now it seems the world and his dog have jumped on the bandwagon, too. I suppose as the economy tumbles lots of people look for cheaper and more simple ways of doing things. I think it's a shame that we can't think like that all the time. When my kids were little we got out card and glitter, glue and paint and made lots of simple things to hang from the ceiling. In fact we went so mad some years we resembled a Christmas Grotto! Kids love that kind of thing, don't they? And to be totally honest so did I - that's what I miss now my kids are grown up. There doesn't need to be a fortune spent on decorations and baubles and shiny bits of plastic. Christmas is about simple things like laughing and playing and sitting watching a movie with popcorn and fizz and time to sit and cuddle.

I'll let you know how I get on with the Christmas crafts and if I can figure out how to do it I may even pop some piccies online!! I saw a great idea the other day - cut out some white snowflakes and hang from a mirror with different lengths of fishing line. It gives the illusion of the snowflakes 'floating' down the mirror - beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment