Thursday 17 November 2011

Christmas -Early Thoughts

Bonfire Night has been duly celebrated in our  house. Sitting outside in the garden with a small garden fire and watching the multitude of neighbour's fireworks was simplistic and yet satisfying. I think the neighbours thought we were deranged but it was such a non fussy event - soup, hot dogs, jacket skins and nachos. Lots of oohs and ahhs and a lovely glowing fire - brilliant! Even the teenagers enjoyed it - can't be bad.

My thoughts are now starting to turn to Christmas. Although it seems indecent to be too joyous until Remembrance Sunday is out the way (or is that just me?). With our everyday busy lives it's often celebrations and family times that we strive to make enjoyable but undemanding. That's how I want Christmas to be - like when the children were small and we made doves of peace from card and foil and stars to hang from the ceiling. I saw this ingenious card holder wreath toady and will have a go at making one or two myself. I may even try to coerce the kids into making one with me... well more wine needed first I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment