Wednesday 9 November 2011

Online Shopping Heaven

I must admit to buying quite a lot of stuff from the internet. The main reason being I don't have to fight through overheated shopping centres / grumpy or rude shoppers and I can see straight away if my choices are in stock.

So many times I've popped to a certain shop to find they have no stock of the particular item I wanted. So one enquires politely whether there is any stock in the store - more often than not the perennial response is "if it's not on the shelf we don't have it". I feel like having a major breakdown over the fact that I have to now change my plans / think of something else / risk asking if and when the goods are likely to be in...... dramatic I know but that's how I feel. I plod back to the car park to pay an extortionate amount for parking and skulk off home to reassess my plans.

I suppose it's also to do with the fact that I don't like shopping - can't think why - my mum and daughter both love the sport of shopping but for me it always ends in an anticlimactic way. So this year once more I approach my web shops for gifts and home stuff. I can sit with a cup of coffee spend 15 minutes browsing fill my basket (no heavy carrying or fighting with oversized saggy plastic bags) pay for it (most painful bit!!!) and then get back to work knowing it's all on it's way to my door. Ahh yes let's see I've just spotted some lovely coffee glasses for welcoming guests with a warm drink - they're in stock, on special offer AND I get them tomorrow - bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment