Thursday 10 November 2011

Showing my age..

I just looked out of window to find it's raining again. Oh darn it!! So dull and depressing and by the time it's half four it's all dark outside - thanks to the clocks going back. I can't believe we're still doing this with the clocks back and forward each half year.

Me and the other half went to see a play last night and bumped into an acquaintance who is fairly mature in years. She talked about how she was thinking how she'd had to really drag herself out of the house to the theatre because of it being dark and cold etc. And that's what  happens when you get to my age she said in a shaky voice. Yes -  me and my hubby smiled at each other as he remembered me saying just the same thing not long before we left home!

It was a great play, however and I did enjoy it and didn't really mind leaving home for a bit of culture after all. But isn't it funny how home seems more and more appealing in the winter nights? I suppose we should be grateful to have a warm and inviting place to call home in these uncertain times. I'm off to an open evening at a sixth form college tonight - teenage son in tow. But then afterwards I've promised myself a glass of wine and some home made lasagne and my most recent book to curl into on the sofa afterwards. Ahh bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment